Sunday, April 22, 2007

My Top Ten

Teams draft according to need by varying degrees, but here's my top ten NFL Draft prospects regardless of need.

1. Calvin Johnson WR GT
2. JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
dropoff
3. Gaines Adams DE Clemson
4. Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
5. Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
6. Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
7. LaRon Landry S LSU
8. Brady Quinn QB ND
dropoff
9. Patrick Willis ILB Ole Miss
10. Adam Carriker DT/DE Nebraska
dropoff

I wanted to move Willis ahead of Quinn, but as much as I hate the idea of drafting QBs early, in terms of trade value, a QB at a certain point gives the pick more return. Darrelle Revis, Reggie Nelson, and Jarvis Moss will be in the next group on my next set of ratings, but Marshawn Lynch (concerns about maturity) and Levi Brown (athleticism) may be ranked a little lower.

No comments: